What you’ll be doing:
As a DataOps Engineer you will work as an integral part of our Cloud DataOps team for a big foreign pharmaceutical client.
- Cloud-based data processing platform on-going monitoring and maintenance:
- Environment monitoring and maintenance
- Data processing flows
- CI/CD environment maintenance;
- User support (L2/L3);
- ETL data flows designing, implementation and deployment (including business analysis);
- Automated data quality checks implementation;
- Designing, managing and maintaining tools to automate operational processes;
- Specification and implementation of Cloud Operations Standard Operating Procedures;
- Managing backend data from multiple systems.
- Participating in a continuous delivery pipeline to fully automate deployment of the highly available cloud platform that supports multiple teams and projects;
- Staying up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups. Identifying trends and opportunities to ensure the team using the best possible technologies and tools. Building tools for deployment, monitoring and operations;
- Troubleshooting and resolving development issues, test and production environment;
Working with platform architects on software and system optimization, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks;
- Understanding, implementing and automating security controls, governance process and compliance validation.
What you’ll need:
The ideal candidate has extensive DevOps knowledge and experience and has previously been part of a DevOps team running an analytical ecosystem in modern cloud-based big data systems in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- 2+ years of work as a member of a DevOps Team;
- 2+ years of work experience with analytics, databases, data systems, client support;
- Strong knowledge of SQL;
- Experience in at least one Big Data relational database technology (Redshift preferred);
- Experience with a public cloud provider (AWS: Redshift, S3, EC2 preferred);
- Linux/Unix administration and sculpting background;
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles and practice (tools: Ansible, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Harbor);
- Understanding of ITSM, Agile and other development processes and methodologies;
- Very good knowledge of English is a must;
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services;
- Proactive approach, research and investigative skills;
- Experience with Atlassian stack: JIRA Service Desk, JIRA Software, Confluence, Bitbucket.
What would be an advantage:
- Experience with coding in Python or/and Java;
- Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher administration;
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB) data stores;
- Experience with data visualization/reporting tools (e.g. Tableau);
- Understanding concepts of Microservices architecture, DWH, ETL;
- Experience in automation and testing via scripting/programming.
We are the company of professionals. And we are searching for professionals in their fields. Those who are independent, reliable, motivated and not waiting for someone to lead them by hand. So be proactive, courageous, friendly and open to new ideas.
What we offer:
- Growth opportunities for international career development and implementing your own ideas. We mainly support the largest international organizations outside of Poland. Moreover, we work with the newest BI and Big Data technology stacks.
- Flexible terms of cooperation: adjustable work hours, full-time employment or contract-based agreement.
- Competitive remuneration and various bonuses such as access to special medical care (Medicover) and sport (FitProfit or FitSport) cards, free yoga lessons or fresh fruits every week.
- Team retreats and internal activities such as Ping-Pong League or family picnics.
- Comfortable working conditions in a modern office and a friendly atmosphere.
How to apply:
If you meet the above criteria and want to join our team – please send your CV to email@example.com with “DataOps Engineer” in the subject line.
Please add the following clause to your CV:
I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by C&F Sp. z o.o. with headquarters in Warsaw, ul. Domaniewska 50, 02-672 Warsaw, who is the administrator of the data, for the purposes of the ongoing and future recruitment processes for a period of three years from the date of transfer of my personal data. I declare that I have been informed that: (1) providing the data is voluntary; (2) I have the right to access and correct my data; (3) I have the right to withdraw my data in part and in full at any time; (4) the use and processing of my personal data by C&F Sp. z o.o. will comply with applicable legal acts in the field of personal data including with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation); (5) all requests regarding this should be directed to the data administrator’s address or electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org.