In response to an unprecedented global pandemic, our client – one of the pharma industry leaders – set out to develop, test, mass produce and organize the global distribution of a COVID-19 vaccine.
The company was already implementing a strategic project to digitize its manufacturing processes. In cooperation with C&F, our customer had already achieved measurable successes in implementing the Digital Operations Center (DOC). However, as world-wide attention shifted to finding a vaccine to help end the pandemic, the DOC program did a very effective pivot mid-way through to put its undivided attention on supporting the efforts to expedite the manufacturing of this much needed COVID-19 vaccine.
Problems to solve
- Pivot the project mid-way through to focus on the COVID-19 vaccine production without slowing down any existing drug manufacturing operations
- Provide full visibility of the product (vaccine) through production & supply chain
- Improve production yield and cycle time
- Reduce errors and risks in production and quality control
Implementation of the DOC – a suite of digital solutions to support manufacturing operations, enabling timely manufacturing and supply decisions across the organization:
- Visual Management Actions & Metrics
- Continuous Improvement (CI) Loop
- Standard Work Planning and Execution
- Incident Board
- Continuous Improvement (CI) Analytics
- Leadership Ecosystem for Above Site Operations